Sunday, September 16, 2012


It was a great first week back.  The yellow class had a great time with Jr. Achievement and the red class loved music.  I really appreciate all the volunteers who have helped out this last week. 

We will continue to have library on Monday so remember to bring your books back. 

Next week we will be reading The Enormous Crocodile as a class and learning about trickster tales.  These tales help to shape different communities.  We will also be starting our community scrapbook.  Please make sure send in the pictures you have been taking of the community. 

As far as parent volunteers, I am still looking for someone who would like to do Meet the Masters for the yellow class and a music leader for the yellow class.  If anyone is interested, let me know.


Spelling for September 17-21:
Lost
Drove
Road
Chose
Boat
Love
Goat
Soap
Knock
Slope
Foam
Load
Whole
None
Toast
Soft
Toad
Coat
Float
Cross

Words are on spellingcity.com
under List 2
if you want to practice there.

Words will also be written in their planners.
UTIPS
Homework:
I have put two tests (remember they are not real tests) online for this week. Please sit with your child and work with them on the homework.

Tests are:
Review 2-4 Reading
And
Borrowing-Carrying 1  
Keyboarding
Help:

The school has used a free internet program called Dance Mat typing.  It is not my favorite, but it is a good start.  I will continue to look for more free programs.
bbc.co.uk/schools/typing
Reading Days:

I think an easy way to record reading minutes has been found.  I just want to make sure you are all comfortable with it.  If you are uncomfortable will you please let me know by Wednesday.  Amy Weiland has agreed to set up a google doc account.  She will mass email you to remind you to add the number of days your child has read for the week.  We will go Friday to Friday so I can get the information into the person in charge at the school.  You will find your child’s class number (I will let you know what that number is) and add the number of days to that number.  No names will be used.  If you do not want your child’s reading days to be recorded this way, or if you do not want me to give out your email address, please let me know by Wednesday.

Thank you! 


Your child needs to read 20 minutes or more to count as a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment