Tuesday, September 24, 2013


I am sorry, I thought I posted this last Friday, but apparently I didn’t!  I apologize!  Hopefully I will get organized soon.

This week we will be working on taking our first Performance Task.  This is a district wide language arts assessment to let me know how your student is doing.  It will take several days because we will just do a little each day. 

We will also be learning about verbs, how to write an opinion, and starting guided reading groups.  Your child will also be receiving their take home reading book this week, so watch for that. 

Spelling for September 23-27:
Lost
Drove
Road
Chose
Boat
Love
Goat
Soap
Knock
Slope
Foam
Load
Whole
None
Toast
Soft
Toad
Coat
Float
Cross

Words are on spellingcity.com
under List 2
if you want to practice there.

Words will also be written in their planners.
UTIPS
Homework:

Test is:
Review 2-3 Reading

Keyboarding
Help:

The school has used a free internet program called Dance Mat typing.  It is not my favorite, but it is a good start.  I will continue to look for more free programs.
bbc.co.uk/schools/typing
Reading Days:

Remember to log into Road to Success Website and record your reading days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment