Sunday, September 15, 2013


I am excited to be back on track and ready to get going on learning.  We will be working hard this week on getting ready to take our first “performance task” in language arts.  We will be taking this the next week.  It models the end of year testing and will be a great tool for me to know what direction to take with my teaching.

We will be learning about verbs, adjectives, prefixes, suffixes, and discussing text features, as well as doing lots of reading and writing.  Your students are great at knowing an author’s point of view and purpose for writing already. 

Our spelling test will be given on Friday.  The words could be easy for some and more difficult for others.  If they are easy-great-spend time reading more in either English or Chinese.  They will be getting more difficult eventually, but I want to start off slower and make sure everyone has time in their day to complete their homework.  I do not want to overwhelm you.

I have had a great time getting to know your students and working with them.  They are a great bunch and I appreciate them.  If you have any problems with any of the websites or homework, let me know.

Spelling for September 16-20:
Black
Blame
Brain
Camp
Chain
Faint
Flash
Frame
Main
Pain
Paint
Place
Rain
Rash
Said
Space
Tail
Train
Want
What

Words are on spellingcity.com
under Unit 1
if you want to practice there.

Words will also be written in their planners.
UTIPS
Homework:

This is a “test” week.  We will make sure it works for everyone.  So far I have heard from a few of you and it is working fine.  Please do:
“Review 2-2 reading” this week.  It should be a review of second grade concepts.
Keyboarding
Help:

The school has used a free internet program called Dance Mat typing.  It is not my favorite, but it is a good start.  I will continue to look for more free programs.
bbc.co.uk/schools/typing
Reading Days:

Record your child’s minutes on the Road to Success page.  You can record daily, weekly, or monthly.  I will hand out tickets for the drawings at the end of each month and record it on their grades.

No comments:

Post a Comment