Monday, October 22, 2012


This week will be all about verbs.  Your children had a great time learning about nouns, and I hope they continue having fun with verbs. 

We will also be moving on to a new unit-Native Americans.  Our comprehension strategy will be summarizing as we read about different Native American tribes in groups and then teach the rest of the class all about those tribes.  In guided reading we will also be reading about Native Americans.

In the computer lab the students have been playing multiplication games on the website:  http://www.multiplication.com.  They love the games and it is great practice.


Spelling for September 10-22 to
10-26:
glass
stay
raise
brave
grain
play
clay
stand
slave
nail
tray
stray
gray
gain
taste
aid
hay
shape
past
pray

Words are on spellingcity.com
under List 6
if you want to practice there.

Words will also be written in their planners.
UTIPS
Homework:
I have put two tests (remember they are not real tests) online for this week. Please sit with your child and work with them on the homework.

Tests are:
Rounding nearest 10
And
Comp-mixed 2

Keyboarding
Help:

The school has used a free internet program called Dance Mat typing.  It is not my favorite, but it is a good start.  I will continue to look for more free programs.
bbc.co.uk/schools/typing
Reading Days:

So far I have many of you recording your reading minutes on the google.doc that the Weilands set up.  It seems to be working well for those of you using it.  If you do not want to do it that way, please remember to email me and let me know and I will send you the attachment of the note needed to turn in your minutes.  I have only heard from a few of you so I will expect the rest to use the google.doc account.

Your child needs to read 20 minutes or more to count as a day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment