Sunday, October 7, 2012


This week we will be learning about nouns.  We will also be starting new stories about what we are “scared of”.  It will be fun since it is Halloween time.  For the next week and a half, we will be lucky enough to have Mrs. Frandsen, a part-time teacher, work with our class.  She will be working with small groups much of the time on reading and math.  She is great and I am excited to welcome her into our class.

In the computer lab the students have been playing multiplication games on the website:  http://www.multiplication.com.  They love the games and it is great practice.


Spelling for September 10-8 to
10-12:
when
dead
trees
each
reach
head
queen
east
street
bread
seat
dream
great
lead
steam
sled
sweet
breath
beach
death
Words are on spellingcity.com
under List 5
if you want to practice there.

Words will also be written in their planners.
UTIPS
Homework:
I have put two tests (remember they are not real tests) online for this week. Please sit with your child and work with them on the homework.

Tests are:
Informational Text 1
And
Add and Subtract Missing Numbers
Keyboarding
Help:

The school has used a free internet program called Dance Mat typing.  It is not my favorite, but it is a good start.  I will continue to look for more free programs.
bbc.co.uk/schools/typing
Reading Days:

I have totally messed up the reading minutes.  It is completely my fault and a miscommunication with the Weilands.  I will be working on it throughout this week and will let you know as soon as it is cleared up.  I am sorry this has taken so long-again my fault.  I was hoping to make it easy and I am not sure I have.  I will let you know ASAP.  In the meantime, continue reading and I will count all your days-don’t worry!

Your child needs to read 20 minutes or more to count as a day. 

1 comment:

  1. Mrs. Rollins, This is John Stanley, Aidan Stanley's dad. Will you please let me know the email address of the Weilands? We read every night and I have not seen anything as for their email address. My email is johnd.stanley@ymail.com Thanks!

    ReplyDelete